Monday, October 10, 2011

{Quick Italian Wedding Soup}

I got this recipe from a Paula Deen magazine years ago. I make it every fall and it is delicious. I love having recipes on my blog so that I can refer back to them rather than digging through my stack of sticky, torn up magazine pages.
What you'll need:

2 tblspns butter
1 c. frozen chopped onions
1 c. crinkle cut carrots (I leave these out, not much of a carrot fan)
2 tspns minced garlic
2 boxes of low sodium chicken broth
1 16 oz package of frozen Italian meatballs
, baked according to pkg direction
1 can great northern bean, drained & rinsed
1 c ditalini pasta
6 oz bag of baby spinach
1/2 c. shd parmesan


In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion onion, carrot, and garlic; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, or until carrots are tender. Add broth, meatballs, and beans; bring to a boil over medium high heat. Add pasta, reduce heat, and simmer for 6 to 8 min. or until pasta is tender. Add spinach and cheese, cook for 1 to 2 min, or until spinach is wilted.

Serve with french bread and a little parmesan on top!

Yum!

No comments: