Sunday, July 3, 2011

My Favorite Salsa

I love salsa. I wish there was some way to make the chips part of the "chips & salsa" good for you. I love a lot of cilantro in my salsa. I'm serious. No grocery store brand will do. I have to go to a certain Mexican restaurant to get my fix. Until, I came across this recipe. A former co worker gave it to me and the name of the recipe sold me. I made it right away and I have made it every year since! {Yum!}




MUCHO~MACHO CILANTRO SALSA






2 to 3 large cans of diced tomatoes ( I add fresh during the summer)


2 small cans of chopped green chilies


1/2 cup jalapenos


3 cloves of garlic


1 med green pepper


3 ribs of celery


1/2 onion


2 bunches of cilantro


5 tsp white vinegar


2 1/2 tsp salt


1/2 tsp cumin




Chop jalapenos, garlic, green pepper, celery, onion, and cilantro as fine as possible. Mix these and all other ingredients together in a large bowl. spoon mixture into food processor, batches at a time. This makes a ton, but never seems to last that long!

I sometimes eat this with whole grain tortilla chips and convince myslef that it is healthy.

No comments: