Sunday, March 21, 2010

{movie night}

I love popcorn, at the movies, microwave, whatever. Although, I don't think it could get worse for you, health wise. If you have never had popcorn made on the stove top, you have to try this. It is so good and not too bad for you! The perfect popcorn recipe:

3 tbs olive or canola oil
1/3 cup popcorn kernels
3 qt covered saucepan
2 tbspoons butter or alternative
salt to taste



heat oil over medium heat

put 3- 4 popcorn kernels in and cover

when they start to pop, pour rest of kernels in and remove from heat for 30 sec

return pan to heat, all kernels should start popping at the same time

gently shake pan and put lid ajar to let steam escape

add melted butter and/or salt and ENJOY!

With this lovely Spring snow that we received this weekend, the hubs and I watched a movie or two. Perfect weekend for it. We watched this documentary, that I had seen on Oprah and wanted to check out. I highly recommend Food, Inc. So scary what is in our food and there is nothing that we can do about it. Very eye opening. Can't wait until this snow clears and I can get my herbs and veggies in the ground, at least I know where they came from when I pick them.

To help with this movement and get more safe, organically grown food in stores like Walmart, go here to sign the petition.

2 comments:

Martha Carolyn said...

Thanks for the advice! I've never tried mystic, but wouldn't be opposed to it. I went out today and bought the Jergens... It smells a lot better than it did a few years ago (which was the last time I used it). It's about as cheap as self-tanning gets, so if this doesn't work well, I'll just work my way up the ladder as far as price goes, until I'm happy. :-)

Martha Carolyn said...

p.s. It was REALLY good to see all of you guys too! And I can't wait to go to that flea market you told me about!