Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Strawberry Fields Forever...



I have been craving fresh fruit so bad lately.
The snow has all melted, now it feels like Spring has officially arrived.
Unfortunately, our local farmer markets don't open for another month or two. That one of the things I loved about living in Texas, it seemed like fruit was everywhere, and if it wasn't at the local supermarket, I could go to Whole Foods {love!} or Central Market {love even more!}. So, I think I am going to head to Sam's. That's is the closest we get to fresh, good quality produce. Too bad its just me and my legal lover living here, so its a little hard to go through that much fruit. Fruit in bulk is not the best idea, unless we're having a partay. And, we're not. I have been wanting to do angel food cake with strawberries and homemade whipped cream, not the canned or tub stuff.


I love having time off, I have time to think about stuff like this and actually follow through. Anyway, off to Sam's.



Here are some pictures of what I have in mind...


































{strawberries with pound cake from Better Homes & Gardens}



















{strawberries with angel food cake, Southern Living}







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks yummy. Can't wait for the fresh fruit either. Maybe we will find something fresh in KC.